Monday, August 10, 2009

Random Thoughts...

Me and my sisters went down to logan this past weekend for the annual logan fair. Every year my uncle does a corn booth and the whole family comes to help shuck (sp?) corn and work the booth. It's fun to see the family and we have trade with all the other food vendors so we eat ourselves sick on yummy fair food!

Anywhoo me, Rach and Beaner are driving home and talking about all the people who have gotten married lately and all the people who are having babies. And it makes me crazy to hear about people who have JUST BARELY gotten married and are already trying for a baby! Hello people! Calm down, take a breather and just enjoy each other before you throw in a goo producing little person. I don't care what anyone says, having a baby just throws your whole life out of whack. These kids are only 19 years old and they only knew their husbands for like 6 months before they tied the knot. Get to know the guy a little better before you decide to have his baby... Jeez. If you are having to learn how to cook and how to work the freaking washing machine two weeks before your wedding you are definitely not ready to get married. Move out of the house, live a little and THEN get married.


On a completely different note, it was Deke's birthday on Saturday! He is one year old! I love my little man so much! He always brings a smile to my face! I can't believe how fast the past year has gone by. Can you believe it's already august?! It's crazy. A lot has happened in the past year. Definitely some hard times, but there has been a lot of good times too. Made a lot of new friends who I LOVE! I don't think I would have gotten through these past few months without them. It has definitely been a year of learning, but I'm happy with were I'm at now. And that's pretty much all a girl can ask for, right? Love ya!

2 comments:

  1. I completely agree with the whole baby right out of the gate thing. Trev was a surprise... a good surprise, don't get me wrong, but we were planning on a few years of just "us" that would have be nice. There is so much to learn about each other and it is hard to have that alone time once there is a little one to take care of, and that is a 24 hour job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! Amen, over and over and over again! :)

    ReplyDelete