Tuesday, January 13, 2009

All About Deke


So most of you know that I have a super cute cat named Deke, but for those of you who don't I felt it was my responsibility that you know about the little man who is the love of my life! I adopted Deke when he was only three weeks old. He was abandoned by some mean lady who didn't want him or his brothers. I was doing my working interview at a vet clinic when he was dropped off and I just had to have him. It didn't matter that I wasn't allowed to have pets where I was living. Our first night together was a little rough because he wasn't potty trained. I finally ended up locking him in the bathroom with a litterbox. He is now going on five months and he is the fuzziest and cutest man ever! My life revolves around this little dude. He is a siamese mix so he has pretty blue eyes and the tan and gray markings. He LOVES to talk. He follows me all over the house just talking, talking, talking. If I'm in the kitchen he;s on the counter "helping" me cook. Mostly he just steals pieces of food and runs off. Decorating for christmas was an adventure because of course he wanted to "help" again. He thought that all the shiny decorations on the tree where his personal play things. He's very spoiled and didn't understand that they were not put there for him. And the garland was his favorite. He thought it was the best thing in the world to get all wrapped up in it like it was some kind of camouflage. He has more energy than any kid I have ever met. But I'm totally in love with him. I really can't tell him no. If he wants something he'll look at me with his head cocked to one side and just meow and it's the cutest thing ever so I give in. It's usually him wanting a drink of whatever I'm drinking or a bite of whatever I'm eating. He gets kinda gassy because of the people food but that's okay! LOL! Anywho I just wanted you all to know about the 8 inch man who rocks my world!!!

1 comment: