Monday, January 26, 2009

Life Happens

So I don't really have anything specific to say. But I haven't posted in awhile and wanted to update so the avid readers of my stupendous blog, all three or four of you :), would know what's what in my life. I went down to Sin City last weekend for my great-grandma's 89th birthday bash! Talk about a long drive. If any of you read Rachael's blog ignore her if she tries to talk about how awful the drive was since she didn't drive AT ALL on the drive down and only for three hours on the drive back. It was a last minute decision to go since somebody *cough* rachael*cough* couldn't make up her mind if she wanted to come down or not. She decided at about 7 o'clock at night. So I ended up driving through the night because pregnancy apparently makes you really tired. An excuse if you ask me... Anywho it was a fun drive with the sisters. Bean provided the junk food, Rachael provided the gas, and I provided the driving services. We rolled into town around 5 AM. I was exhausted. Don't worry though, Rach woke me up at 8 because she couldn't sleep. At the party I saw about 80 people that I didn't recognize, but who all seemed to know me. Don't you hate that? When you go to a family function and everyone claims to know you and for all you know they could be some hobo off the street looking for a free meal! But the party turned out great and my grandma was very excited that everyone could be there. The next day we went swimming (in the middle of January!) and I got a tan line! It was pretty awesome! Then just us kids went out on the town. Okay me rach and bean only made it through dinner before we called it a night. We had been on the strip the night before and I gotta be honest when I say once you've seen it one time is enough. Not that I don't love all the sparkly lights but being around so many people is exhausting. Not to mention having to practically babysit Rachael. I forgot how much work she requires. She almost gave me a heart attack when she ran out in the street because she needed water from the Mcdonald's across the street.
Anywho I have moved back to Idaho to help my dad out with all the animals. It's practically a zoo there now. We now have three dogs, three cats, a rat, and two gerbils. It's fun, but crazy. Deke is finally starting to adjust. The first couple of days were a little rough. He didn't know what to do with the big dogs so he'd just puff up in a ball and freeze. Not very smart survival wise, but oh well. The other cats HATE him! Abby, the old one, just lies on her blanket and hisses. Missy goes into full attack mode when he comes into the room. He'll walk by the table to get to his food and she'll launch herself at him! My poor baby doesn't even have claws to defend himself! But it's slowly getting better. I love my singles ward! I know most people hate singles wards, but this one has all my friends from high school and it's nice because you don't have to go through the 'interview' process with the guys. That is basically my life in a nutshell. It';s a long post, but its been awhile. Peace!

2 comments:

  1. haha. i skipped class yesterday (not on purpose), well you heard that story, and then today again. i laid back down after ben left for work and for the life of me i couldn't get up. seriously i'm pooped. i'm normally up at the butt crack of dawn. on my defense, it's not an excuse. i'd rather be awake and feeling like i've accomplished something then tired at 6:00pm. don't worry my first trimester is almost over! thanks for driving! i only posted that thing about bean because i like the picture! don't worry i loved you yesterday too. anywho. see you tonight! loves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Amber its Melodee (you know your most favortie ex coworker)so I totally accidentally came across your blog by blog stocking. So you are in Rigby? I am totally building a house there. Wow "totally" brought me back to high school. Check my blog out melodeeanddonny.blogspot.com also you can get to mikaylas blog from mine.

    ReplyDelete