Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Alaska 2005

I was going through my old photos yesterday and I came across all these picture cd's from Sam's Club. I had no idea what was on them so I threw them in my computer and they were pics from my first summer in Alaska! I was so freakin excited! I put an album on my facebook account but thought I should record some of it on my blog as well. Rach probably won't be very happy cuz she can't untag herself on my blog.. haha. She untagged all the pics of her on facebook in the album. Sorry sister. :) WARNING: Picture overload.. with some stories to go along :)Our lovely little airport. You couldn't even go inside.. It was full of barrels This is the factory of Port Moller. Loved being out on a boardwalk like that :)The view of the port from our little plane. We really were out in the middle of nowhereThis is the American gang. We were the only white kids in camp.. I guess Riza (the girl in the middle) was filipino, but she grew up in CaliforniaUs and our fellow slimers. lol. The little man on the left side was the funniest man.. And he could move fast!
The only other girls who were our age. Jennie, who is a baptist missionary working over in Russia at an orphanage, and Riza who was going to school in California to become a nurse.
Terry and Bernard. These guys were my buddies up there. Rachael didn't approve... lol

These three were our favorite ladies. Annette is the redhead. She was a complete hippie. Told me she believed in listening to your body to know what was healthy for you... and then she pulled out a cigarette... lol. Sandy is the black lady. Rach asked her sooooo many questions. We had never really met a black lady before.. And Alicia is the sweetest lady in the whole world. Kinda a big sister to me up there

Rachael's version of a "shortcut". She took us tromping through an unknown field because she thought it would be faster than following the beach. I think I got bit. I was bleeding by the time we got out of there..

This is what they did to us on our last day. Threw us into fish tubs full of ice water.. They let it sit all morning so it was nice and cold.. lol. Rach tried to run but they caught her and threw her in.. she looked like a rag doll. Freakin funny! lol
Victor got a little evil and went to push me under. Terry was only too happy to help him..
Now I'm gonna go all sappy on you... That summer is the summer Rach became my best friend. We were always friends growing up, but had our own peeps to hang out with and in high school we really drifted apart. That summer worked miracles for our relationship. It was the hardest I've ever had to work in my life, but I loved it. It made me fall in love with Alaska. I wouldn't trade that summer for anything.

2 comments:

  1. hahaha wth! too bad i can't untag myself...well these pics aren't that bad. i look like i'm 12! loved that summer with you too sis, pretty sure i would have died (seriously) if you wouldn't have been there! love ya and taytum says she loves you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some cool pics! I would love to go to Alaska! It is crazy how sisters can be "just friends" and then all in one summer can so quickly become "best friends." I still remember the summer that Tay and I became best friends and it is to this day my favorite summer (it was also the summer I met Brad) :)

    ReplyDelete