Friday, July 9, 2010

4th of July

Not a very original title but it sums it up. lol. So our 4th of july was very eventful. Thursday night me, Rach, Bean and Taytum drove down to logan to see my grandparents and to see the Cruise-In. It's this big car show and parade where people get to show off old cars they've restored or new ones that they love. Pretty much anyone can be in the parade. We didn't stay for the parade this year since they had it on saturday and we had places to be, people to see, things to do in Idaho. lol. Anywhoo, driving to Logan was.... stressful. Taytum had gotten shots that week and I guess she was reacting to them or something because she cried almost the entire drive. I love this little girl but I was at my patience's end. So I switched with Rach and drove while she sat in back with her baby. She's such a good mommy :) Once we got there it was time for bed. Needless to say, it was a rough night for mom and Tater. Next day we sleep in, get ready and head out to lunch with the family. Our fam loves food. I love it! :) We ate at Cafe Sabor, it's a mexican restaurant in an old train station. Mmmmm. We head back to the house and just as Rach and I are falling asleep for a much needed nap my aunt, uncle and kids arrive for the BBQ. I was determined to keep sleeping, but Rach didn't want to socialize alone... lol.
We ate some yummy hot dogs, mixed fruit and chips and then packed up the car to head home. Unfortunately we only made it to Preston. That's about 30 minutes from Logan. Rachael's AC kept going hot and cold and then her check engine light came on and then her engine temp went HOT. So we turned around and headed back to Logan with no AC in 90+ weather. Not fun. Especially since we could only go about 25 MPH, only make it about 1/2 a mile and then have to pull over for the engine to cool back down. It took us 2 hours to make the 20 mile drive. And not once did anyone stop to help us! Okay that's a lie. Some guy stopped when we had been on the road for 1h 45m. And he only stopped because of our license plates. He used to live in Rexburg or something. Three girls and a baby pulled off the road staring under the hood with confused expressions, since none of us know anything about anything when it comes to cars, and no one offered help. Ridiculous. We all vowed to take an automotive class this fall. :) We'll see if it actually happens. lol.

Anyways we made it home the next day to see our dad in the parade. Him and his Pipes and Drums band were in it. Then it was off to Smitty's for the best pancakes in the world! Seriously so good :) Then it was swimming with friends and a BBQ before heading to IF for the fireworks. We walked the green belt, bought cotton candy and kettle corn and settled in for an awesome show! Seriously the best fireworks I have seen. Way better than Logan's the night before.


Monday was an eventful day. And not a good one. I went to work and lasted until about 3. Why you ask? Because I thought I was having a heart attack. Okay not really. I know the odds of a 23 y.o. is pretty slim, but I don't know how else to describe it. Sunday night I started having chest pains and Rach was determined it was either heartburn or anxiety. I knew it wasn't heartburn and I couldn't think of anything I should be anxious about. Sunday night was rough. I would get sharp pains whenever I would roll over or change positions in bed. But I didn't want to be a baby so I went to work. Bad move on my part. I went home, told my mom and we went to the doc. I was poked, prodded, xrayed, EKGed and the end result was a discovery of an infection in my chest wall... Say what? Didn't know that was possible but apparently it is. So I got a nice big shot in my hip to jump start antibiotics and sent home with pain meds, antibiotics and instructions to rest. And total bonus! Ready for this? My mono has come back! yay! They ran some panel test and you have to score below 18 to be considered mono-free and healthy. I was at a whopping 328. Yes! So excited for that news! Ha! My doc said medically speaking you aren't supposed to be able to get mono twice. Well. Apparently the medical books are wrong, cuz I did. I'm just cool like that. lol. Anywhoo I'm feeling better chest wise, but still dog tired. But I'll get over that too. Hope everyone had a fabulous weekend!

P.s. I'm going to be a bridesmaid!!! In Calaigh's wedding! YIPPY! So excited! :)

1 comment:

  1. It's sounds like you had a fun yet intersting holiday. It could have been better if you would have called me while you were in town. I don't think it's appropriate that you come to Logan anymore without stopping in. Dustin maybe could have saved you a couple of hours and towed Rach's car back to Logan. We're only about 10 min from Preston. I agree about the Logan fireworks, so not worth it. I really missed Idaho's celebration this year. So sorry to hear about your Mono. I hope it doesn't get as bad as last time. That was pretty scary. I'm sorry this is a novel, but I miss you.

    ReplyDelete