Thursday, December 2, 2010

Christmas is in the air

So as many of you know (maybe?) I am not a huge Christmas fan. I love the reason for the season (obviously) but I don't like the music, the traffic or the decorating. I appreciate the decorations, I just don't like having to put them up and then take them back down a month later. Maybe because in my family decorating for Christmas was this grueling, hours long process in which everyone became frustrated at one point or another. However, now that I'm on my own I felt my townhouse needed a little christmas cheer. Or rather my roommates did. Lol. They are christmas fanatics! A week after Halloween the tree went up. Stockings were hung on the wall, snowflake lights were wrapped around the kitchen window, my christmas wreath was adorning the dining room wall and little christmas-y trinkets were scattered about. Deep breath in and out. lol. I don't mind the decorations, really, but that was a little too early for me.

So I did it the right way with Kelsey, Kyleur and Cameron. The four of us are together pretty much all the time. Kels has her own home and she, of course, needed a tree. So we rallied up the boys and borrowed a tree from Mama Horman, along with all the decorations we would need. It was actually a lot of fun. And the tree turned out beautiful! After the lights went up we realized that we didn't have any hooks for the ornaments! So off to WallyWorld we go. lol. We made a pit stop at Maverick for some hot cocoa and then headed to finish the tree. The end result was awesome :) After that we watched a chick flick and chatted until 3 am. It was a perfect evening. And the boys learned how to decorate a tree!.... kinda. lol.

Also, about 2 weeks ago me and my fam did a craft day where we made christmas wreaths. Here are some pics, along with pics from Kelsey's house.


Craft DAy!


Our beautiful wreaths. lol

Cam being silly for the camera
The four musketeers! :)


Huggin our Christmas Tree!


And I couldn't resist putting in this cute pic of my favorite little snow bunny :)

1 comment:

  1. The wreaths you guys made turned out great! I love them! And of course the pictures are great as well :)

    ReplyDelete