Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Church. School. Need I say more?

BYU-Idaho is so dysfunctional! I realize that this is my second post of the day, but I have to vent! I went country dancing at the school tonight. Not my favorite thing to do, but I figure I should at least try to socialize. I get off work, head over to the girls' apartment and we just chill for a couple hours before heading over. I get inside, walk up to the table to get the stamp on my hand, and then I feel a tap on my shoulder. I turn to see some over-enthusiatic girl smiling at me. She kindly informs me that I can't enter because I have holes in my jeans. It's the new fashion and you can't even see any skin! I didn't get stopped because of my mulitple piercings, but because my jeans were breaking the honor code. I wear these jeans to class all the time and I have never been asked to leave and change. Only when I try and go to some extracurricular activity do I get accused of breaking the stupid code. She said I would have to go home and change my pants before I could come back. I so did not want to drive back to Rigby just to put on a different pair of jeans. Come on! I walked out to my car, completely pissed off and realize that all my books, wallet, phone, etc are locked in the girls' apartment and they were inside dancing. SOO I suck it up and drive home. I get changed and head back to rexburg. I tried singing in the car to make myself in a better mood. It wasn't until I found the song "I'm a bitch" by Alanis Morsette (sp?) that I finally started to calm down. I get back and the girl has the audacity to come up to me and say "Thank you, that was so nice of you to go home and change." Needless to say I just glared at her. If I had opened my mouth to give a reply she probably would have kicked me out of breaking the honor code with my language. If this school didn't have such a bomb zoology program/cheap tuition I would flip them the bird as I walked out. This school seriously tries my patience. It'll be a miracle if I graduate before they kick me out for insubordination or something equally ridiculous, like my multiple parking tickets. Don't even get me started on that subject. No worries, I wrote them an e-mail to let them know how I felt about this mandatory parking class they wanted me to take. PPLEEAASSE...Like that's ever gonna happen.

Alright, I've vented. Peace out :)

2 comments:

  1. Good for you for surviving! I couldn't go there, just because I am too stubborn to be told what to wear!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you should have kicked her in the shin and snuck past her.

    ReplyDelete