Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Life of a Single Girl

Okay so I first have to say that I did NOT get the job in Alaska... Bummer I know. But the very next day I got a job offer at Farmer's Insurance so I guess there's a reason that I'm staying around. I also found out that I got re-accepted to BYU-Idaho on the Fall/Spring track. So I start school on Sept. 10. I have to say that I am extremely excited that I will not be on campus during the winter. Parking is a nightmare. The whole point of people living on campus is so that they don't have to drive and can save gas money... Hello! I need a parking spot people!

Anywhoo... I have to say that I love Sex and the City; the series and the movie. They make it look so glamorous dating all different kinds of people and going to parties and staying out late. Wish I lived in Manhattan. Did you know that I am the last of my friends who is not married? It's ridiculous. And not only am I the only single girl, all my friends are now having babies (except Heather, YAY!). I am only 22 (almost) and I feel like an old maid! All of Brianna's friends who are only 19 are getting married. And that really makes me feel old. It's kinda depressing. It would be better if I wasn't going to a mormon school, but since I am I have to deal with it. I'm going to describe the dating life of a 22 year old girl at BYU-Idaho. First off any guy who is cool is married, soon to be married or seriously dating someone. Any guy who is a pre-mi (under 19) is only looking for someone to make out with before they go celibate for the next two years. And besides they are WAY too young for me. I tried the younger guy remember? It didn't work out so well. Then if the guy is a returned missionary he is going to be weird at least for the first year. And once they start getting serious they want someone who is under the age of 19 so that they can have a "young" wife... 18 is still legal. Then if by some miracle you get asked out it feels like you are at an interview. They ask you how many kids you want, if you want to be a stay at home mom (which I most definitely DO NOT), if you pay tithing on your net or gross income. It's more intense than a temple interview! And then of course there is the inevitable and dreaded question... "What is your major?" Can they not come up with a more original question than that? What does my major have to do with who I am as a person??? Being a biology major has nothing to do with the fact that I love to laugh and read and that purple and green are my favorite colors. Come on guys! So to sum up my choices here they are: I can date a married man (always tempting), hook up with a player, lie about my age or talk about having kids with some guy I don't even like. It's a rough life I live.

So if any of you know a man who does NOT fit into the categories mentioned above, who doesn't mind dating a girl my size, and is fun to hang out with, let me know. I think I'm ready to start dating again. Love you guys!

3 comments:

  1. I remember that feeling very much so...why do you think you were the only one in Alaska that I confessed my age too? 27 among the young'ns...talk about old maid! However, I wouldn't trade my single years for anything! Go live your life, do EVERYTHING that YOU want and eventually a man will sweep you off your feet WITHOUT dropping you on your head!! Ha! Love ya!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for the typos...I type fast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a cousin he is my age "24" He "lives" in logan but his job is building cabinets in churches across the country.

    ReplyDelete