Monday, February 1, 2010

SaLt LaKe CiTY!!!

Finally! The new year has something exciting going on! I got a phone call last tuesday morning from a good friend Crystal. She was driving down to provo to tour hair schools and wanted to know if I wanted to ride with her! Heck Yeah! was my reply! I haven't been down there since last july I think! I was so freakin excited! We left thurday night and she dropped me off at Calaigh's house. We ended up babysitting that night for her aunt and uncle.. Is it bad to fall asleep when you are babysitting? Calaigh and I were debating over this. We fell asleep watching AirHeads.. Weird movie. Her aunt and uncle didn't get home til 2 in the am so I thought it was fine that we were sleeping. She felt a little guilty but what else could we do? The kids were sleeping so we didn't really have to "watch" them... Any thoughts? Friday and Saturday morning we went to her gym and swam, hot tubbed and sat in the steam room.. I couldn't breathe in the steam room. Humidity is just not my thing. "It feels like you have a humidifier shoved down your lungs, I love it!" Quote from Calaigh.. not sure why you would want that feeling ever, but there you go. lol. After the gym on friday we got gelato and burger king, picked up the kids from school and went home and helped her little sister bake cookies. We did a girls night in. Painted our nails, made homemade ice cream, watched some chick flicks.. loved it! Some nights you just feel like putting on pjs and doing nothing. It was awesome :) Saturday after the gym we went to the movies with her mom and good friends and seen When in Rome. It was good... not as good as I thought it was going to be. But there were definitely some funny moments in there. Then we went window shopping and then home to cook some pasta. We made pesto with penne and it was soooo good! Love pesto! Later we went and hung out with her old high school friends. Ordered a pizza, watched a movie, hot tubbed.. Love her friends! I haven't laughed that much in a long time. lol. Sunday we did breakfast burritos with the fam and then church. Then it was back home for me. Calaigh and her friends have me half talked into moving back down there. I miss it so much! If I didn;t have my awesome job or my baby niece up here I would probably do it. I'm sure Calaigh will keep pushing me on it.. and who knows what the future will bring. lol. Enjoy some pics from our awesome weekend!

Making ice cream!



New friends!

1 comment:

  1. she cut her hair! it's cute on her. glad you had fun. you need to teach me to make icecream. i was going to the other night, but go figure i didn't have any of the ingredients! I HATE GROCERY SHOPPING!

    ReplyDelete