Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Crazy Weekend

So I spent my memorial weekend down in salt lake with my friend Tara. It was a blast! It was a much needed vacay... even though I don't really work that hard. :) We babysat Ashley's dogs since she was down in Florida visiting her brother. It was a mad house! She has a rottweiller that is huge! I thought he was part Great Dane when I first saw him. Then she has a Golden Retriever and a hound. Add to that Tara's dog Phantom, he's a mix, and her little dog Sadie and her parent's Dautschand, Dexter, and it was crazy! The little weiner dog, Dexter, was trying to hump the golden retriever, Sage, who did not like that at all. Then Blue, the rottweiller, didn't like Phantom so they were fighting and chasing each other all over the house. Blue has a problem with drooling. It was disgusting. We had Ash's three dogs in the backseat of Tara's car and Blue would stick his head up front to be with us. I had to use my purse as a shield against his drool. It was running down my arm and everytime he would close his mouth it would splatter all over us. It was a very long car ride to drop him back off at Ashley's house. Needless to say I had to go home and change my shirt because it was covered in dog slobber. Tara and Ashley also adopted a kitten. He is only two weeks old and his name is Cartman. He is a persian so his ears are all squished to his head. We had to bottle feed him every couple of hours. But it was okay. Most places let us take him inside with us. We went to the Mayan for dinner. It was crazy how those divers would just leap off the rocks doing flips. I don't think I could do that. I can only image how that job interview would go. After dinner we went to layton and hung out with some of Tara's friends. Then headed down to Spanish Fork to a lodge where we played pool and watched movies. We did a lot of driving that night. :) The next day we slept in and then got lunch at Mimi's Cafe. It was really good. I got this turkey sandwich on ciabatta bread. I could only eat half of it because it was so big! Then we topped the meal off with a chocolate shake from McDonalds! YUMMY! That night we went to a bar. I know, I know. Bad Amber. Whatever, it was so much fun! It was this Irish pub and it had kareokee and dancing and it was so much fun! We danced the night away and sang along with kareokee people. It was a blast! I wanted to get up and sing but Tara wouldn't do it with me. Maybe next time... Monday I went out to Tooele and put flowers on Chris's mom's grave. I couldn't believe how many people were at the cemetary. Crazy. Then I went to a barbeque with Lisa and Bruce. They are a couple that I worked with up in Alaska. I love these guys! Their kids are awesome. Syd is going to be a senior this next year and Boon is almost 16 I think. He used to be annoying when I first met him. But now he just makes me laugh. I am going down to stay with them for a weekend in June and I can't wait. Overall it was a dang fun weekend. Hope everyone else had a fun weekend!

1 comment:

  1. holy dogs!! geez that's a lot of dogs and the slobber is disgusting! i was going to call you on sunday to see how your weekend was going, but bean's phone was dead. anyways i'll call you in a bit!

    ReplyDelete