Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Happy Birthday to ME!!!

So tomorrow I will officially be 22! I think this sounds extremely old, but Rach thinks it sounds young. But since this is MY blog, we're gonna go with my opinion. LOL. Now that I'm starting to get on in years, or so some people think, I have to wonder why some people think I should have gotten married at the age of 18? They make me feel like I'm going on 40 instead of just 22! Funny story... I went to my FHE group for the first time a month ago and we had to all go around and introduce ourselves and tell them about our family. So I say that I am a twin and I have a little sister. The bishop asks me why my twin isn't in the ward with me and I reply that she is married and about to have a baby and that she just graduated. To which a girl in my group replies, "Do you feel like a total failure compared to her?" !!! Can you believe that?! I didn't until you said that, dumb jerk! So what that I haven't graduated from school yet? What makes her think that I WANT to be married and having a baby?! Some people are so close minded. It drives me crazy. Only in Mormonville, USA do people make you feel bad for making it to your twenties without getting married. And just to answer that question, no I do not feel like a total failure compared to Rachael. I like my life just the way it is. I'm excited to be turning 22 and still be single. I'm excited to see what this new year in my life will bring. I wonder what presents I'll get??? I love getting presents! That's probably the only thing that I like about Christmas... I know, I'm a scrooge.. oh well! So I don't really have anything else to post about my birthday since it hasn't actually happened... :) I'll let you know how it goes!

3 comments:

  1. OMG i can't believe that girl said that! she has no room to talk anyway - she's not married and graduated yet either from the sound of it! you should have punched her in the face! haha jk. i agree with you though amber. so many people in rexburg or in the surrounding area are like that. totally mormonville! haha. it drives me nuts how many people are getting pregnant and married right out of high school and they haven't even started going to school or anything! becca told me that she is in your ward! that is awesome. i hope you have a happy birthday tomorrow and get good presents! i love presents too. let us know what you get!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahah i can't believe that girl asked that! who was it, we'll beat her down?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday!!! That is unbelievable! Some people need to learn when it is appropriate to talk. I am sometimes envious of people who are in your shoes. You have so many opportunities ahead of you. Don't take them for granted. Don't get me wrong, I love my life, but there is no rush to get married. Someone once told me you have your whole life to be married enjoy your single years. I hope you have a great day.

    ReplyDelete